Monday, September 19, 2011

Requesting prayer for my family

Please pray for my family today and this week.  My maternal grandfather, Ed Morgan, passed away early this morning.  The funeral will be held in Montgomery, Alabama, but I am not yet sure of the date.

I'll always remember Grandaddy as a funny man.  He loved to joke, and his wit was sharp.  He also loved to cheer for Bama football (ROLL TIDE!) and to play piano.  He was a good man, but more importantly, Jesus was his Saviour.

The Bible tells Christians "...sorrow not, even as others which have no hope." (I Thessalonians 4:13) We'll miss him and mourn our loss here on earth, but how could we want him to be here rather than in Heaven? I believe that he is at this moment enjoying fellowship with God and with his loved ones, all of them perfectly whole in body and in spirit.  I believe that I will see him again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment