Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Big Surprise

Well, there's a reason I haven't posted in a while.  I had a big secret to keep, and I was afraid of giving it away accidentally!  Today (October 30th, because this probably won't be posted until tomorrow), was my parents' tenth anniversary as pastor and pastor's wife at Gateway Baptist Church.  For their anniversary, I was able to come home to surprise my family.

This morning, the church family met for breakfast.  When both of my parents were together, Bro. Ye announced that there was a "present" for them and I walked around the corner.  It was so awesome to see the expressions on their faces!  I got to spend today with the family and they'll be taking me back to college tomorrow.

I have known about this since before I left for college and it was so hard to keep the secret!  For the last few weeks, it has been really hard to talk to my parents on the phone without letting something slip.  This morning, Mom texted me to tell me she missed me. I was standing outside the back door of the YMCA where the church meets at that exact moment!

Today was a good day...and it's back to college tomorrow!  Believe it or not, as short as this little trip was, it was a great little vacation!  Thanksgiving is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment